The vision of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion is to:
- Strive for Intentionally Equitable Policies | Members of Wake Forest University will be able to identify, develop, and appraise policies that promote equity, diversity, and inclusion across academic, administrative, support, and logistical units.
- Cultivate Programs that Foster Intersectional Awareness and Understanding | Members of Wake Forest University will engage in curricular and co-curricular programs and initiatives that facilitate their capacity to explore, understand, and operationalize a broad range of concepts, experiences, perspectives, and opinions.
- Empower All Academic and Administrative Units to Become More Inclusive | Members of Wake Forest University will be presented with opportunities, resources, and materials to help them plan and critique their diversity and inclusion practices in using methods and “best practices” that directly contribute the University’s mission towards a more diverse learning community.
The mission of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion – in collaboration with University colleagues and stakeholders – is to support the university’s mission of creating a more diverse learning community, by offering programs, influencing policies, and elevating practices that are representative of an inclusive and equitable campus climate.
All members of the Wake Forest University community should feel seen, welcomed, and valued. In order for this to occur, The Office of Diversity and Inclusion…
- Believes that all students, staff, and faculty members should be seen for their infinite dignity
- Believes that all students, staff, and faculty members should study, live, learn, and grow in equitable environments and spaces on campus
- Believes that all students, staff, and faculty members should feel that their contributions, identity, and goals are affirmed
- Believes that all students, staff, and faculty members should be able to depend on systems of accountability, education, and growth that contribute to the creation and sustainability of an inclusive community
- Believes that no student, staff, or faculty members should be subject to racism, xenophobia, or any other form of discrimination
Within ODI and across the institution, it is understood that missions, visions, and core beliefs are only as strong as the actions that follow them.
On this page, ODI articulates our commitment to living out that for which we stand. More importantly, how we show up in the Services and Resources we provide, the Organizational Accountability we facilitate, the Translational Leadership we promote, and the Community Building we contribute to are not only what we do; they also serve as models for how students and colleagues throughout the institution can live out their commitment to a more inclusive and equitable campus community.
Meet the New AVP’s
Sustainability of any diversity and inclusion initiative occurs only when the most senior leaders, governance groups, advisory councils, academic administrators, and faculty are involved in the formulation and administration of the Diversity and Inclusion blueprint.
Discover the historical actions that served as catalysts for the University’s evolving support for diversity and inclusion.