Intercultural Development Inventory
The Intercultural Development Inventory® (IDI®) assesses intercultural competence—the capability to shift cultural perspective and appropriately adapt behavior to cultural differences and commonalities. The Intercultural Development Inventory is a 50-item questionnaire available online that can be completed in 15–20 minutes.
If you are interested in using the IDI as a tool for your team, please submit the REQUEST FORM. The assessment can be administered and debriefed for your team by an IDI-Qualified Administrator affiliated with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) Consultation Model:
- Administer Assessment: An IDI-Qualified Administrator will arrange for the administration of the IDI to all members of a team/organization.
Cost: $20 per person
- Individual Debrief (up to 60 minutes): An IDI-Qualified Administrator will conduct a confidential individualized session to review the IDI results and initiate a personal development plan for intercultural competence.
Cost: $150 per person
- Group Debrief (1hr): A group debrief includes a group orientation to the IDI, a full debrief of the aggregate assessment outcomes, and a discussion of potential next steps.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion offers consults to departments, organizations, and leadership teams to provide support for the R.I.D.E. Action planning process, specific to your team’s needs.
To start the consulting process leaders would need to complete an interest form. This form will ask for details about your team, action planning process, and engagement with the R.I.D.E. Framework and ODI programs and resources. Once you’ve submitted the interest form, you should schedule a 50-minute meeting. Please choose from the consult options listed below based upon the option that best fits your needs.
- Target Selection Assessment: This consult covers the use of an anonymous survey that can assist your team in establishing a baseline for R.I.D.E. targets, identifying priorities, and discussing strengths and opportunities for development
- Action Planning Consult: This consult is designed to assist teams in working through the action planning process. We discuss the process of goal setting, prioritizing DEI, and navigating brave conversations to align departmental goals with the R.I.D.E. Framework.
- Prioritizing DEI Work: This consult addresses strategies to develop transparency and commitment to DEI work for teams in the early stages of the planning process.
- Moving Your Action Plan Forward: This consult is for leaders who have completed a R.I.D.E. action plan and need assistance sustaining team engagement. Alongside the team, we review the action plan, address barriers to sustained engagement.